Blog Post 3

 Copyright gives the owner of a certain piece of intellectual creation the right to make copies, reuse characters, and legal property. When dealing with copyright laws as a teacher, I would make sure that the documents and resources that I am using are legally allowed to be distributed and reproduced. Fair use policies allow people to use copyrighted material under certain circumstances. When developing instructional material, I would research specifically what I wanted to do with the copyrighted resource and determine how I can legally use it with my students. 

One form of academic dishonesty occurs when a student uses information they found online and does not site the source, or is dishonest about where they found it, how they used it, or if it was their own words. As a teacher, I can work to combat academic dishonesty by utilizing software that can detect when academic dishonesty occurs, and encouraging and helping my students to correctly site and use online resources in their work. Decreased productivity when dealing with technology in schools is the idea that students can become distracted and off task when using the technology. I could combat this by setting restrictions on websites and apps, and limiting technology use to a specific constrained time. 

While working with MS Word, I acquired several new skills that I think I will use moving forward. I learned how to use the column feature which I can use to organize information I send to students and parents. I learned about the shading feature which can help make important information stand out on the page. In the future I could improve my newsletter, assuming that the newsletter was made for the same audience, by adding more color and less white space. I have provided the first page of the newsletter to provide context for my criticisms.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post 6

Blog Post 4