Blog Post 5

Before starting my EME2040 course, I had not used twitter at all. I have posted a few times but am still not familiar with the format and utilities. I have not interacted with anyone so far, although I would like to begin checking up on the accounts that I have followed more frequently. I think twitter could be helpful in my future career as many teachers use twitter to participate in the educational discourse community. I would love to use this resource to connect with other teachers, especially those who have different backgrounds than I do. 

The digital divide negatively affects students in schools. I feel that teachers will often assume that all students have access to the internet and technology when this is simply not the case. We need to be more aware of the digital divide and how it is not only affecting students, but families and communities as well. I think the main causes of the digital divide is poverty and location. Many families may not be able to afford access to the internet or technology. Also if students live in rural areas, they may not have stable access to the internet. I think as a teacher I will try to incorporate technology as sparingly as possible. If there are assignments that require technology, I will either find a way for the student to gain access such as letting them stay after class, or come up with a separate assignment for the student. 

Quizlet is a great software tool that I often used is high school. It is a great way to organize study materials, and make flashcards that you can access from almost anywhere. Word is also an excellent resource and is essential to understand for high school, college, and adult life. I would like to implement these in my classroom as I think students could find both these programs useful not just in school. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post 6

Blog Post 4