Blog Post 4

 I think that the implementation of technology standards in schools is very important. I looked at the first grade standards and technology matrices for ELA. The standards include learning how to use online textbooks, storybook software, text features and recording devices. I think that I would be able to teach the students about online textbooks and how to use recording devices. I have used both in school and feel comfortable with them. I do not think I would be able, as of right now, to teach students about storybook software and text features. I have never interacted with storybook, and I'm not familiar with text features. 

CPALMS is a very useful website where Florida teachers can access resources such as lesson plans and class activities. I hope to create my own lesson plans when I become a teacher, but I found a lesson plan that involved my two favorite things: math and music. Although I do not have access to the full plan, it involved using melody and rhythm to strengthen counting skills. Students can count up to one hundred and twenty with this method, and dance around the class while doing so. Children this age are especially receptive to melodies, and it can often improve their memories. 

Internet searching is a very important skill to have as an educator. This can help you find resources for your class, and learn about new developments in the profession in an effective and time efficient manner. I think one of the most useful skills I learned this week was about the site operator on Google. This function allows a searcher to identify a specific site that they want to search for resources. For example, if I wanted to search for blogs on this site about a specific subject I could use Google. Simply type in '"educational technology" site:blogger.com' and you will have all the posts only from blogger about this subject. Before my lesson this week in EME 2040 I thought I was a proficient internet searcher, but I have learned many new skills I can add to my arsenal. 

Comments

  1. I agree! CPALMS is a great start off website for teacher plans, but still are not that elaborated. I really like your activity, I also love music a lot and it is something that drives me, I hope we can meet soon to talk about your lesson plan because I can really see that coming along since music is based on basic math.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post 6