Blog Post 8

 I recently created my own teacher website! I made it using weebly, which is a program designed to help people put together websites for personal or professional reasons. I felt really comfortable using the website as all of the functions were pretty easy to manage. I enjoyed creating my website as it has always been something I have wanted to do. I think it turned out really well. I can definitely use the skills I learned to create teacher websites in the future. http://barnesedge.weebly.com/ 

Diigo is a bookmarking website where users can look up and tag web pages. It also lets you annotate on any document. I think Diigo is a very useful tool, although I still feel as though there is a lot I don't know about it. I can use the annotation tool to take better notes in my classes and, share important resources with my teammates, and highlight information that I may need while teaching.  

Technology can often aid teachers with their own professional development. If in person conferences are too expensive or too far away, teachers can resort to using some online resources such as live and recorded webinars, massive open online courses, and even youtube. Not all of these resources will give teachers CECs however, which stands for continuing education credits. Teachers need to complete these activities in order to stay current with different technologies and teaching styles. www.youtube.com. Teachers can use youtube to gain access to tutorials on how to use the latest technology in education. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post 6

Blog Post 4